Learn (verb): gaining knowledge of Trenton to inspire ideas for the future.
A great vision is based on a complete understanding of the city’s unique assets as well as the local, regional, and national trends that will ultimately impact its growth. Use the links below to get a better understanding of Trenton, Planning, and the Master Plan Process.
- City Profile Report Where are we now? That is the question the 2014 City Profile Report, developed by the Division of Planning, helps us answer. Read through the report and get up to speed quickly!
- SWOC Analysis The City Profile Report provides the cold-hard facts. But we need your help putting them in context. What Strengths, Weakness, Opportunities and Constraints do you identify in Trenton?
- Previous PlansTrenton250 will be the guiding vision for the future of Trenton, but will build off of previous planning efforts done by the City, County, State and local citizen groups. Explore these plans and help us identify the good ideas that have been explored in previous efforts.
- Planning 101 Learn about Master Planning in New Jersey and get answers to the most typical questions. Also, learn about the specifics of the Trenton250 Master Plan. Watch the “Listening Tour” video where Jeff Wilkerson, Principal Planner for the City of Trenton, walks through the 250 Framework.
- On Trenton’s Future What will the world look like in 10 years? How about 30? The Staff of the Division of Planning, along with some invited guests, will be blogging regularly on this issue. Visit this page and join the conversation!
- Stakeholder Meetings Stakeholders are anyone who can respond to and change the strategic future of a critical organization or business in Trenton. Visit this page to read meeting summaries and to find out more about what they think Trenton will be.